I surprisingly really, really enjoyed this book. I got it for .99 on my eReader and thought maybe I’d glance at it one day if I had the time. But… angels? Really? I’ve done wizards, vampires, and even demon slayers.. but angels? I wasn’t so sure. (Obviously I need to work on getting out of my comfort zone…) But, surprise, surprise, it was awesome!
What I liked:
1. Real girl. Hand really depicts Clara as a real girl. As in, the book is not ALL about her being an angel. Yeah, obviously it has big effects on her life (hello moving to another state because of a vision you have?!), but she also was a “normal” teenage girl. She fought with her mom (a lot), crushed on guys who- shocker- were just normal human beings, and even made some friends.
2. Boys. I actually was down with both the boys in this book. I liked them each for different reasons, and that ending really got me confused! So, I have no team. I am teamless. But anyways, both boys were great. Neither of them were jerks (which is my BIGGEST pet peeve.. when a character falls for a complete jerk), and they treated Clara with respect. They were both portrayed as being smoking hot. Especially Tucker though… rugged, tan cowboy? Alright. Can’t wait to get Hallowed in my hands so I can try to figure out who I like better!
3. Just enough paranormal. Obviously this book is paranormal… it is about angels. But, as I’ve said earlier, that’s not what all of it was about. Yeah, that’s basically all I have to say about that.
What I didn’t like:
1. Clara fighting with her mom 24/7! I understand she was mad at her for not giving her more answers. Or for expecting her to be only focused on her “divine purpose.” But seriously? She is your mom. Give her a little more respect!
2. Lack of action. I went into this book expecting a little more action than I got. Luckily, I’ve been reading lots of action books lately so it didn’t bother me too much. But, I got the feeling that the next couple of books will definitely be more action packed!
I really would pick this up if I were you! I wish I had a physical copy… the cover is so pretty!